08 May 2011

Life-changing

I hate frosting.

I just think it's gross. I can't stand it. I don't mind cake, so if there's frosting on a cake, I'll just scrape of the frosting and eat the cake. Same with those sugar cookies with the pink frosting on them, although the cookies themselves are pretty gross so I usually just avoid those all together. And those trendy, new cupcake shops that sell these half cake, half mondo tower of frosting treats? Thanks, but no thanks. Sorry.

So this week I was craving cake. I don't know why. So I made some cupcakes. Great idea, right? Yeah, until I remembered that I live alone and the only person available to eat said cupcakes was me. And there was no way on earth I could ever live with myself if I just let myself eat all 30 cupcakes I had made! Fatty McFatfat!

No. So I decided to give some of my cupcakes away so I wouldn't eat them all. The only problem? I DON'T LIKE FROSTING. Therefore, I hadn't frosted the cupcakes. You can't give away unfrosted cupcakes! That's like making chocolate chip cookies for someone without putting in the chocolate chips! So I had to make some frosting for these darn cupcakes. I say make because I didn't have any frosting on hand (surprise surprise). I hate butter cream frosting with the passion of a thousand suns and so refused to put that evil topping on my beloved cupcakes. Instead, I poked around the Interweb and decided to make this frosting.

Curse the evil that is deliciousness of unhealthy things because I actually liked the frosting. I didn't love it, but I liked it. And eating my little frosting-topped cuppycakes?

I thought I had died and gone to heaven with every bite. FROSTING HATERS: make this frosting. IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

1 comment:

  1. i think i will have to try this "life changing" frosting! i'll let you know if anything dramatic happens. ;) by the way - LOVE the new background!! ahhh roma....

    ReplyDelete