29 April 2011

My Roman Holiday

I'm watching Roman Holiday on TV right now and a million thoughts have filled my head. And yet, I can't seem to remember what I did this morning. Or the day before. It's like time doesn't exist. Weird.

Anyway, read on for a snapshot of my brain:

1. I should probably consider getting a life instead of having to spend my Friday nights reading books about missions, watching old movies on tv and eating granola with yogurt.

2. I miss warm weather. The wind-blown snow today almost succeeded in simultaneously blinding me and knocking me off my bike. Yep. Snow. On the second to last day of April. Yeah.

3. I want a skirt like Audrey Hepburn's in this movie:
I could probably wear a skirt like that on my mission. Except it'd have to be like 10 sizes bigger.

4. I think I'm in love with Gregory Peck. Actually, I know I am. Sighhhhhhh.

5. Gregory Peck also kinda looks like Gary Cooper, who I am also probably in love with.

6. I miss Rome. I want to splash in the Trevi. I want to walk around the Colosseum. I want to dance on the barges on the Tiber in front of the Castel Sant'Angelo. I want to stick my hand into the Bocca della Verita'. I want to eat gelato on the Spanish Steps. I want to eat lunch al fresco in front of the Pantheon. I want to speak Italian all day. 

And I don't ever want to forget the life I had in Italy.



2 comments:

  1. i just watched roman holiday with sister schoenfeld a few weeks ago... gregory peck is maybe the most beautiful man i have ever laid eyes on. they don't make em like that anymore, do they?



    [unless you count ben lopez]

    ReplyDelete
  2. best. post. ever. and who ever said there was anything wrong with watching old school movies - i've been doing the same thing lately too! ohh roma... life doesnt get much better than the time we had over there, does it? (gregory peck - heck yes! gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete