17 May 2011

Baby, why you frontin'?

My mission prep teacher, the infamous Brother Bott, talked to us in class yesterday about "young women and missions". I'd prefer not to talk about what he said specifically because I'm still a little upset about it. What I do want to say, however, is that a casual comment that I made before class started came back to bite me during the lesson. I apparently led him to believe (from the one sentence I said before class) that I've intentionally, adamantly refused to allow men to court me because I desperately want to serve a mission, essentially robbing myself of the chance to get kick-started on my eternity and become a wife and mother in Zion because I'm so focused on something (a mission) that is not my responsibility because I'm not a priesthood holder. That I've intentionally kept hoards of young men at bay. That I refuse to date them.

BAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahhaHAAAAAAAAAAA

*gasp for air*

Ha.





2 comments:

  1. Oh see, and I thought you've intentionally and adamantly refused to let men court you because you know your dad has guns. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, and if the Lord wants you to stay home and get married (in spite of the guns) then perhaps your mission papers will be rejected. Of course I haven't heard of the Brethren having a stamp that says "get married instead, you rebellious female." They might. The Yellowstone Supervolcano could erupt before you get your call too. Life is tricky.

    ReplyDelete