09 August 2011

Wanderlust

This is our cat Marcello.


He was a stray and found our house, so we adopted him. That was about two years ago (when this pic was taken) and now he is bigger, but mostly just fatter. 

I love Marcello.

Also, he is weird. He doesn't like cat toys or cat treats, he doesn't purr and he's not very snuggly. Weird, right?

A thought has been creeping around the back of my mind for a while about him. He's so strange as a cat...what if he is really an animagus??? It would totally make sense! The ease of his transition from being a stray to an adopted cat, his distaste for cat-like things, why he likes to sleep in my room, his uncanny ability to show up in my room when I'm about to change clothes or take a shower - it all fits!

I was almost convinced.

That is, until yesterday, when I caught him drinking water out of the potty.

Nope. Definitely NOT an animagus.

Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha dang it! An animagus for a pet would have been so flipping cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha this post is so great.

    I saw your comment--I think our synonymous use of the word "wanderlust" reflects our love of Italy.

    ReplyDelete