18 August 2011

Sorella Moda

Well folks, the time has arrived...

...I'm done shopping for mission clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUZZAH!!!!!!!

In celebration, I decided to go ahead with my photo shoot so that I can display the fruits of all my hard work. Also, I hope that maybe this post can be an inspiration to aspiring sister missionaries - you can do it! (And I'll show you how!) I'm aware that the pictues aren't stellar, but you can click on them to make them bigger :)

For each item, I'll give the brand, and if necessary, where the item was purchased. I won't tell you how much I paid for each item because that would be weird, but each item (except the shoes) averages out to around $20.

Siete pronti?? Allora, andiamo!!!
Shirt: Style&co., Macy's
Skirt: Dalia Collection, TJ Maxx (don't judge. I was desperate!)
Necklace: Forever 21
Shoes: Steve Madden (Intyce)

Shirt: East 5th, J.C. Penny's
Skirt: East 5th, J.C. Penny's (the best thing about this skirt? It has pockets!)

Shirt: Land's End
Skirt: East 5th, J.C. Penny's

Jacket: Tahari, Burlington Coat Factory
Skirt: East 5th, J.C. Penny's
Shoes: Spring Step (Camelot)

Shirt: East 5th, J.C. Penny's

Shirt: Design History, TJ Maxx
Cardigan: Worthington, J.C. Penny's
Skirt: Dress Barn (it's a tweed skirt, so up close it doesn't look just gray)

Shirt: Gap
Belt: Target
Skirt: Eddie Bauer (my aunt gave this skirt to me. She said, "hey, I wore this when I was pregnant, do you want it?" Yeah. And it fits me. So I took it.)

Shirt: Gap
Necklace: the San Lorenzo market in Florence (sorry)
Cardigan: Forever 21 (I also got the same one in a rust orange color)
Skirt: the same Eddie Bauer one
Shoes: Steve Madden (Trouser)

Shirt: Gap
Necklace: New York and Company
Cardigan: Target
Skirt: East 5th, J.C. Penny's


Shirt: Land's End
Skirt: Sister Missionary Mall in Orem

Shirt: Land's End
Skirt: Worthington, J.C. Penny's

Dress: Sharagano, Burlington Coat Factory (by far the hardest item to find)


Well, there ya have it, folks! I think the only thing I didn't get a picture of was that orange cardigan and another gray cardigan, and I also have another skinny belt in a dark teal.

Also, I'm going to Philly tomorrow for my visa! So excited.

You know what all this means, right?


I'M GONNA BE A FORREALZ MISSIONARY!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. These are all so great! Sister missionaries really get a much better deal than elders, wardrobe wise. You'll be super stylish in the streets of Italia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that I was ogling the bookshelves behind you almost as much as I was checking out your cuteness?? Because I covet those bookshelves.

    But enough about those. You are going to be one of the most stylish missionaries ever! I really love the grey pencil skirt! And the skirt in the 3rd picture. Absolutely gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, versatile yet stylish. Quite a project, I'm sure.

    I didn't WEAR it when I was pregnant, I BOUGHT it when I was pregnant so I didn't know it didn't fit until it was too late to return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute cute! So excited for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good, Katie! Can't wait to stalk your mission blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounded like a Julie thing to say, but with Liesl's explanation, I guess it makes sense.

    Also, you look awesome! As sexy as a sister missionary is allowed to look, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well dressed missionary. Totally cute and totally you.

    ReplyDelete