06 March 2013

Marching Along


Hi.

Well. To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what to write this week. It's not that nothing has happened, but it just seems bizzare to me that my release date is this month. Like, in two weeks. That really weirds me out. I don't really know if I'm "trunky" because I don't even know what is going on in my brain anymore. Mostly when I think about going home I think "What the heck am I gonna do all day??" because the thought of sitting around doing nothing because there isn't anything for me to do kinda weirds me out. Good thing Slla Lyman is here to help me out! I had a mini panic attack last Wednesday night and she helped talk me through it, haha. 

We've been going scambio (exchange) crazy these past few weeks, and this week is the craziest of them all! Yesterday we scambioed with the Milano Lampugnano sorelle and then tonight and tomorrow we are doing another scambio with the sisters in Varese! It's definitely been keeping me on my toes, that's for sure. And the best news of the week? We're having another Sister Conference!!! Next Thursday!!! Apparently mission presidents are discouraged from having sisters-only conferences, and so I think this'll be the last one. I just got super lucky because they're having it before I leave! I'm really excited to be able to see all of the sorelle in the mission one last time. President has already asked Slla Lyman and me to do our ukulele-violin version of the mission hymn for the conference, so we're excited about that.

Geez, I feel like the week has gone by so fast that I don't even have any cool experiences to share this week! Oh! Wait, Mishell was confirmed on Sunday! That was cool. She's officially a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! We were a little bit nervous because this past Sunday was the first Sunday on the new schedule - that is, the first Sunday of having Sac Mtg first and RS/EQ last. Mishell lives kinda far away and is usually a little late to church, so we were just praying really hard that they would be able to get to church on time so they could do the confirmation and it worked! They walked in just as we were about to start singing the opening hymn. Whew! Last week we went to go see them and we gave Mishell her own Triple Combination scripture set. She was super excited about it, but probably mostly because the edges of the pages have gold on them...her little brother was super jealous - "I want the gold book!" haha. Slla Lyman and I both wrote a little note in the front cover. Hopefully she'll be able to make out my handwriting!

I don't know what it is about this ward, but I feel like I'm friends with everybody! Even the kids! During Sac Mtg, three Primary kids were sitting in the row behind us...that is, they were sitting behind us until we sat down and then they came and sat with us. I had like three little Filipino kids hanging all over me, cuddling up next to me and drawing pictures of me and Slla Lyman in my planner. And then after church as I was scrambling around in the hallway as usual trying to talk to everyone, I kept having these two tween-aged girls (sisters) come up and hug me around the waist from behind saying "this sorella is my favorite!!!". And then later on that day we were visiting a less-active sister who has three kids. We watched a little movie called "Il Mediatore" (which might be called "The Mediator" in English, but I'm not really sure), and sure enough, the kids snuggled right up next to me on the couch while we watched it. One of them even climbed up on my lap, which is against mission rules, haha. Next week is Stake Conference, so we'll see if any little bambini come and find us...

Wow. I've written like four gigantic paragraphs. I hope my emails don't just bore everyone to death!

On that note...time's up! Is anyone else really freaking out about how I'll only be sending two more emails after this?? Hope they won't be as boring as this one has been! Have a great week! Keep reading your scriptures! I read Ether 10 and 11 today - I should be finished by next week!!! I love you all lots and lots and lots!!!

BUCKETS O' LOVE,
Sorella Soh

No comments:

Post a Comment