18 January 2013

Time keeps on slippin'


Guten Tag!!!

That's German. 

Anyway, happy Wednesday! I feel like the weeks are just flying by...which maybe isn't a good thing! The assistants to the President are in our ward and I had to call them last night for something - they're out and about this week doing trainings - and Anz Sciarretta told me that Slla Nilson gave her "dying" testimony yesterday aka it was her last mission gathering so she got to bear her testimony in front of the zone. AHHHHH!!!! That means I'm next!!!! At least I have another six weeks or so to prepare. Whew.

Additional shout outs this week to the future Slla Lopez and Slla Baker who emailed me this week. Also, shout out to MAMMINA WALTON!!! I got your letter on Thursday...the day after I sent YOU a letter. You're such a babe. And you look so thin! Thanks for the Christmas card...tell Laura I wish her good luck on finding "the perfect male specimen" haha.

Well, remember how I thought all of my Milano memories would be about how dang hot it was? I feel like I'm getting the opposite now because it is getting cold! The weather has been really gross and yesterday it rained and rained and rained. Unfortunately these cheap-o boots I bought are not waterproof...last night I felt like I was walking around with an Icee slushie in my shoes. My socks were completely soaked! We are going to a little mall place thing today, though, so hopefully we can sort that out...hopefully.

How's your Book of Mormon reading going? I just finished Alma 25 today in Italian. I'm still on track to finish before the end of my mission!

Speaking of the end of my mission, I had a dream last night about how I was supposed to give my homecoming talk in church but I didn't have anything prepared (obviously, because I still have a transfer and a half left in my mission), but luckily Lauren Hafen was giving her farewell talk that day and everybody loved it. It was a weird dream. 

Well our awesome investigator, Jennifer (who I wrote about last week), is doing great! And guess what? She's getting baptized on the 16th of February!!! We went with her last Saturday to a baptism in one of the other Milano wards and she was totally down. She said "Sono pronta / I'm ready". She's already almost finished 1 Nephi and totally understands everything we teach and it is so awesome. She is the best! 

That hour on Sunday right after church is probably the most hectic hour of my week. We run around trying to talk to everyone and set up appointments and thank people and whatever, and it's really exhausting!This Sunday I was talking to someone and then Anz Sciarretta said "Hey Sorella Soh!" and waved me over to talk to the woman he had been talking to. He just said "here you go!" and so I introduced myself to this woman and she said, basically, "Hi, my 9 year old daughter wants to get baptized. Can you come over and teach her or something?" and of course I said yes! And guess what the daughter's name is? It's Michelle!!! The mom has been kinda less-active for the past few years but she has a super solid testimony and knows the church is true and she told us yesterday that she really wants to do good and get reactivated and be that example for her kids (she also has a 5 year old son). So basically we have two people that have just fallen out of the sky and into our laps and we couldn't be happier about it. I just love being able to help people and fulfill my calling at the same time...IT'S THE BEST!

So for my daily language study I've been working on translating my patriarchal blessing from English into Italian. I started when I was in Firenze and now I think I've got it translated the best I'm ever going to get it. It has been SO cool to translate because I've really had to think about what each word means. The only bad part is that I can't really have anyone look over it, so I'll never know how good my translation is! Haha, but it's been really neat nonetheless.

Well, my time is up this week! Keep on keeping on! I love you all very much and hope all is well in the U S of A. Go give someone a pass along card! :P

AMOOOORE,
Sorella SOH

No comments:

Post a Comment