09 January 2013

Me Lawn Know


BUONGIORNO!!!!

First of all, MAJOR shout out to the future Sorella Lopez!!!! WRITE TO ME!!! I'm so pumped that you're coming to the mission! The Italy Milan Mission is the best in the whole world! Send me all your questions and I promise to write you back (and that's a big promise from me!). You can email me if you want. Also a shout out to Slla Baker - I love getting your emails. You are the light at the end of my tunnel, haha!

Man, Slla Lopez. I'm so pumped for you. I can't even stand it.

So the big news of the mission, in my opinion, is that the number of sister missionaries in our mission will be skyrocketing in the next six months, and a big chunk of them come in when I leave! I told President on Monday that I feel bad for up and leaving the mission when they'll need all the help they can get with training sisters. I told him "you can keep me for 30 days!!!!" and he just laughed. But I'm serious!!! Even though I know he won't keep me, dangit.

Guess what? I went to Como on Monday!!! Our zone leaders are in Como and so we went up there to have a zone training meeting. And no, I did not see George Clooney there. Nor did I see his villa on the lake. Dangit. But we went there and also had interviews with President! I had no idea we were having interviews, but it was definitely a pleasant surprise :)  My impression from President was that Slla Lyman and I will not be companions again next transfer...so we'll see what surprises await me in my last transfer!

Guess where we went yesterday? Corsico!!!! You know that little island north of Sardinia? Yeah, that's not it. That would be Corsica. We went to Corsico. It's a little town outside Milano. Yeah. But it sounds cool, right?

So about the mail drama...sorry if you've gotten any letters returned to you that you had tried to send to me. It it's been opened and then taped shut, rest assured that I've already read the letter and no one wanted to steal anything out of it. Before I left Milano this summer I sent a big box home with a jacket I never used and all of the letters that had been sent to me in Italy (and some others). Apparently that box was opened somewhere along the road and half of the letters were stuffed in a bag and put back in the box and the other half got put back into circulation. I've been getting tons of letters - but they've all already been opened and read by ME. The office has gotten several and the sisters in Savona and Milano at least have gotten a bunch of letters sent to those apartments. I'm so upset about it. The jacket I sent didn't get home either, and I had bought that in Siena when I studied abroad there. It was like 40 euro!!! But I can replace anything EXCEPT my letters. Grr. I'm so upset!!!!!

Sigh. Well, wanna hear a miracle story? This is what I sent to President in my email this week:
"I was supposed to serve in Milano Cimiano. I am supposed to be serving right now in Milano Navigli. At church on Sunday I saw a face I recognized, and it turns out she lives in the Milano Navigli area, but went to the Milano Cimiano ward. Well, that is she went there up until recently when the bishop of Milano Cimiano told her that she needs to go to the ward in her area. So I greet this sister at the beginning of church and she says "hey, didn't you serve in Milano 2?". It was nice to see a familiar face - for both of us. After church was over, I went to go speak to this sister before she left, and that's when she introduced me to her daughter who is 22 years old. She said, "hey, this is my daughter. She's not baptized yet. Do you want to come over and teach her the lessons?". Of course I said yes and we set up an appointment for the next day. When we showed up and had the first lesson, the daughter told us that she's decided she wants to get baptized! MIRACLE!!! We didn't even do anything, but I KNOW that this member would never had approached me and asked us to come over and teach the lessons if I had just been a stranger. It's only because we knew each other from Milano Cimiano that she would have ever felt comfortable to have us come over!!! INSPIRATION IS SO AWESOME!!!! Thanks for transferring me back to Milano, President!!!"
Yeah! The daughter's name is Jennifer and we are SO PUMPED to teach her!!! She's been coming to church for a while now - she has come every week with her mom since she got here in September, but apparently nobody knew she wasn't a member! We're seeing her again tomorrow and hope to set a date with her. Pray for us!

Well, my time is up! I love you all very much! Keep reading your scriptures! I'm in Alma now!

Loveeeee,
Sorella Soh

No comments:

Post a Comment