01 June 2012

The end of transfer 5?!?!?!

(Note from Nicole - sorry this is a couple days late, we were out of town)

Helloooooooooo bellissima gente!

Well, transfers are tomorrow and guess who is getting transferred?!?! That's right! Sorella Bunker! My little bambina is leaving Torino and headed to Reggio Emilia! I'm so excited for her! As for the news here in Savona, we're staying the same! And by doing so, I have broken the Sorella Jones tradition of having a different companion every transfer (I'm her 10th companion!). We are excited to keep working in Savona together, especially since there's so much to do and we're already waist deep in the work here! Although it does freak me out a little bit to know that 1) this next transfer ends in JULY 2) tomorrow marks NINE MONTHS since I entered the MTC and 3) this will be my SIXTH transfer. WHAT?!?! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN??? Yikies!!! 

About the earthquakes, I haven't heard much about them, but to my understanding the most damage was in Emilia-Romagna, which is pretty far from where we are. I guess it happened at about 4am our time and I was out like a ROCK right about then. I think there was another one, or an aftershock or something, yesterday or the day before at about 8:30am and both Sor J and I felt it. But as far as we go, here in Liguria we are totally fine and all of the missionaries in that zone are okay. In reality, you all probably know much more than I do about the earthquakes (terremoti, in Italian) because I know next to nothing.

Shout out this week to the Buskirks who sent me a guilt-inspired letter! I'll take 'em any way I can get 'em! I particularly liked Kate's Italian flag, Ella's leaning tower of Pisa (I think), Sarah's letter that contained a secret squashed ant (must've crawled in before it got put in the envelope) and Leah's "it's a volcano!" masterpiece. Bravissime!

Happy belated Memorial Day! Should I feel bad that I didn't remember that it was Memorial Day until after it was already almost over? Eh. It does seem a little backwards, though. You know, not remembering Memorial Day...

That's okay. I didn't laugh about it, either.

I hope you all had fun at Disney! Tell Ben I say hi back. But only to Ben, not to Bethy, because she didn't say hi to me. I hope to hear, Dad, if you managed to max out Buzz Lightyear this go-round! I'm sure you'll tell me all about it in your next letters :) Oh, and mom, could you activate my new debit card? That's not something I am really permitted to do. Thanks!

I had a thought this week about your Hawaii trip - you can make it up to me if you manage to do some kind of family history work for me!!! Ask Grampa everything that he knows about our family and use the dang voice memo app on your snazzy new phones to record him saying it! And ANYTHING you can find out about Grandma Kahala would be worth more than all of the li hing sour patch kids and manapua and spam musubi money could buy. (Man, I'm getting hungry!) Put that Spirit of Elijah to work! 

Well I guess now I can tell you all about what's been going on in Savona this past week, but to be honest, if you're not a missionary you probably wouldn't be all that interested. I know I wouldn't be! Let's talk about Stanley. He is so cool. He just says things that are so...I don't even know how to describe them. Like how he was wondering why he was standing "inside this big bowl of water" at his baptism and was afraid but then he "heard a voice like saying in [his] ear 'don't be afraid, you're doing the right thing' " and how he is so excited to be able to hold the priesthood and how he hopes one day that he'll be able to serve the Lord and hold a calling. Once I figure out a way to upload pictures without having my dang connector cable I'll send a picture of Stanley because it's so much better to be able to put a face to the name.

Well I'm out of time. The weather is warming up and boy am I glad to be right here by the sea! That sea breeze is such a tender mercy! I keep getting that "big ships sailing on the ocean" song stuck in my head any time I see big ships out on the water. I can't believe so much time has passed since I entered the MTC. I feel like a completely different person than I was then, but at the same time I'm always still me. It's such an amazing, crazy thing that I get to be here and be a part of this work. Sheesh. I love you all and hope that everyone is happy! And if not happy, at least learning. Happy transfers!

LOVEEEE,
Sorella Soh

No comments:

Post a Comment