13 June 2012

A.C. Milano - no, the "A.C." does NOT stand for "Air Conditioning"*



Hellooooooooooooooo all you lovely people!

I was going to do shout outs this week, but that was before I got the mail yesterday...SIXTEEN letters!!! And one had come the day before and two more came this morning. You people are crazy! And I love it! Thanks for the birthday wishes! I'm pretty sure it's going to be my favorite 23rd birthday ever! (Except the fact that seeing "23" just now almost gave me a heart attack). And speaking of heart attacks, I'm pretty sure the postman was about to have one yesterday, too, seeing all those letters for me! Good thing he has a Vespa scooter to deliver the mail! But thank you all so much! (Oh, mini shout out to the Kruegers - you have to tell me where Emily gets called!!!! If she's lucky she'll come to Milan and then I can train her! :) )

Well, Milano has welcomed me with rain just like Torino and Savona did. That's a good thing, though, because it's cooled things off. The sidewalks here are full of holes because it gets so hot in the summertime that things start sinking in the asphalt - Vespa bike stands, café table and chair legs, and even ladies' high heels! NOT looking forward to that kind of heat AT ALL. And another thing, apparently there was some kind of announcement of my arrival here at the most recent Milano Mosquito Convention because they have come a'calling! I have HUGE mosquito bites all over my arms, at least 8 on each arm about the size of a nickel, and swollen to about the size of a half-dollar. I've also gotten bitten on my hip (aka through my clothes), on my left big toe, on the side of my pinky finger, and even on my lip. I don't know how they do it! Surprisingly, though, I don't have any bites on my legs, which is really weird. Soon enough, though, I suppose. And don't worry, one of our investigators is a mom, and as soon as she saw my arms she whipped out some anti-itch cream and rubbed it on each bite. Ha. I'm like a dermatologist's science fair project!

I LOVE MILANO!!! I love doing work in big cities like this. It's so exciting! We take the Metro everywhere - I even have my own little Metro pass. We were walking around yesterday by the Duomo because we were looking for a bus or tram back to our house and I remembered that Milano is kind of a big deal. I'm also reminded of that when I see all of the super fashionable ladies that walk around in super high heels (pee ess Sarah you would LOVE Milano).

We had Stake Conference on Sunday, so I haven't met my ward yet, really. It was a satellite broadcast from Salt Lake, and Elder Nelson spoke. And sure enough, he gave a shout out to his granddaughter, Sor Miles, who I was in the MTC with! I love her! It also meant that there were other missionaries in our building that aren't usually there, and so I also got to see Anziano Moh! He is serving in Piacenza right now. I haven't seen him since December or so, and it was good to see him again.

Dangit, I just accidentally rubbed one of my skeeto bites and now it's really itchy. Also, I don't know how this happened, but I'm out of time! I love you all very much. Thanks again for the birthday cards! Have a great week!

Love from MILANO,
Sorella Soh

p.s. still trying to figure out how to send pictures...

2 comments:

  1. A.C. Milano is the soccer team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only ENVY you!! having spent 3 wonderful years in Milano, also the city where my younger daughter was born, I really miss it like I'd miss home! Plus it's vibrant, chic, progressive (comapred to the rest of Italy!), and simply put, user-friendly place among all Italian cities. The fashion scene (of course), the trade fairs, the sleek and minimalistic restaurants, the ethiopian quarter, hanging out at the Navigli, and, yes even the Metro (whcih is just 2 lines!) are all etched indelibly into my memory! Enjoy and don't forget to have fun.. do see the Last Supper!

    ReplyDelete