19 July 2011

Chuck the deuce up

Can I get real with you guys for a minute? I've been struggling with something...

...When is Justin Timberlake gonna drop another album?!?!

I'm sure he's having a grand ol' time makin' them movin' pitchurs and whatnot, but seriously. Let's be real. Who ISN'T waiting for him to crank out some new jams??

And when you actually think about it, he's only come out with two solo albums: Justified in 2002 and FutureSex/LoveSounds in 2006.

2006? Yeah. It's been THAT long.

And aren't we all grateful that our tastes have matured over the past 10 years so that even though we'll always be fans of JT's former work (and glory), we've gotten over the fashion and dancing style of 2002? (An example follows)



Baggy leather pants aside, the tune is legit. (And who doesn't love a cameo from Pharrell? Mmm)

I know. I'll start a chain email petition to have JT make a new album - you know, the kind that you pass along to everyone in your inbox and then the 1,000,000th person to add their name to the list will email it back to me and then I'll forward it to my senator? Er, Justin?

Dear Mr. Timberlake, 
As a longtime fan of your work, I have found a certain void in my life from an unexpected absence in solo albums from you. I have therefore teamed up with 1,000,000 other fans of yours via the Internet, and together we kindly request that you return to the studio so that we can enjoy the fruits of your musical talent anew.
Attached is a list of the people who have individually added their names to this petition, as they so desire to hear new music from you. 
Wishing you all the best,
Katie Soh 
1. Katie Soh
2.
3.


Go on. Add your name.

You know you want to.

1 comment:

  1. i don't think my tastes have changed all that much in 10 years, because that vid was SLAMMIN.

    every time i look at my google reader and it alerts me that i have Xamount of unread blogposts to read, i cross my fingers that yours is one of them.

    (as a side note, some girl in my freshman ward always used to reference "chunking" the deuce. as in, giving a backwards peace sign.)

    ReplyDelete