14 June 2011

There's such a thing as "Flag Day"?

I took a break from my studying today (it's a reading day - finals start tomorrow) and went down to the Creamery to pick up some canned food for a drive a girl in my ward is doing. As I was driving up Stadium Ave, I noticed that every single house had a big American flag on a pole stuck in the middle of the front yard. I supposed someone must have gotten them all and volunteered to stick them in each yard since they were all essentially identical. It wasn't until I drove down the street coming back home that I realized that today is Flag Day.

And you know what? Seeing the American flag in everyone's front yard - I LOVED IT. I love America! It's the best country ever! Yeah we've got issues, but so does every other country and usually their problems are worse than ours. I mean, when disaster strikes, who demands that Russia or Germany or England do something about it to help them? No one! But America always catches slack for "slow response time" or "why hasn't the president done anything for that other country yet?" Isn't that awesome? America is awesome. I love it.

My parents always have an American flag out on the front porch. I wish I had one here in Provo. I hope the people on Stadium Ave don't ever take down the American flags in their front yards.

God bless America. Land that I love.

1 comment:

  1. Awww that's how I feel too when I see flags! America is the bomb. Also, I too was surprised to learn it was flag day. I think every day should be flag day.

    ReplyDelete