27 June 2011

Oh Em Gee

I was listening to the radio a while ago and this song came on:



I'm not a huge fan of the song, but I like it. But I have beef with people who are offended by the line "just prayed to a god that I don't believe in". The radio awkwardly splices another line over it and I heard another version where the girl changed the line to "just prayed to a god that I DO believe in".

Really?

Admittedly, I was a little wary of the line at first - wouldn't it be a little blasphemous to say that? Like you pray but don't really think God exists?

But then I thought about it. I do believe God (capital G) exists. But there are other gods (little g) that I don't believe in. Examples?




And to be honest, I might be inclined to pray to someone like Venus if I thought it'd help me at all.



Basically I think that it's totally bogus for people to get all funny about that particular song lyric.

3 comments:

  1. Best possible choice of a picture of Zeus. Ever. I love his face.

    I also love your blog. I should comment more than I do, because I read it often. :) You are a pretty awesome person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha I love this post. that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was this in Utah? Or the South? Oh peeps. I love your interpretation.And you!

    ReplyDelete