26 April 2011

Talk about...pop music

What is it with Swedes and pop music?




It's like they take classes in school dedicated to understanding the American psyche so they can infiltrate our airwaves with infectious pop music.

The fashion is an unintended consequence, I think.

In any case, one of my Italy friends, Taylor, is basically a pop music aficionado and he had the following track spinnin' on repeat basically the whole last week we were in Rome ("Call Your Girlfriend" by Robyn):



I didn't even know the lyrics, but the song kept getting stuck in my head! So I bought it. And I've listened to it about a bazillion and a half times.

Yesterday, I finally caved and bought Robyn's album, mainly because this song kept getting stuck in my head ("Get Myself Together"):



When it comes to really good pop albums, it's a "if you give a mouse a cookie..." kind of thing. Thus, my taste for "Hang With Me", particularly the chorus:



I know. I'm a sucker.

Sighhhhh.

(If you didn't figure out the connection to Abba, Robyn is also Swedish)

2 comments:

  1. robyn is life changing. both her concerts i went to...in the top 3 of best shows. she KILLZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swedes have, supposedly, the third highest "exports" of music in the world, right after the US and Britain. Not bad for a country of 9.5 million people.

    ReplyDelete