16 November 2010

Sienana hey hey hey goodbye

It's raining outside. How appropriate.

Well, today is my last day in Siena. We leave for Rome tomorrow morning. I'll do a reflection post later when I'm home, but I figured it was worth mentioning that today is my last day. We all took our Italian finals this morning and then had a big lunch at the school as a group. I probably won't take another Italian class, but I'm hesitant to say I'll never take one again because I love Italian. But, at least at BYU I probably won't take another Italian class. Weird.

After lunch today I went out with Bev and bought a gift for my host dad. Somers and I decided to split parting gifts so she would get one for Paola and I'd get one for Marco. Somers bought a cute, personalized apron for Paola that has her name on it and says "Il miglior ristorante sono io / The best restaurant is me". I bought a cool carved, wooden horse statue thing for Marco. I really like it and I feel like it'll totally go with their house. When I came home today, Marco had gotten our suitcases from their storage room and put them in our room. I am not looking forward to packing all of my stuff into my suitcase. I went out and bought an Adidas duffel bag because I have acquired quite a bit of stuff and I knew I was going to have to check another bag on the way home. I'm especially not looking forward to having to live out of a suitcase in Rome for ten days. Speaking of which, I leave Italy in 11 days. Yikies.

I'll have a ton of stuff to do in Rome. We're finally going to go to the Vatican museums and we're even going to the Galleria Borghese which is home to Bernini's David and his Apollo and Daphne. Excited.

Well I should probably start packing. I'm not really sad; I still don't think the fact that I'm actually in Italy has settled in yet, so it's not a big deal to leave a place I've never been. But ask me again in about two months...

No comments:

Post a Comment