06 February 2013

The 11th dimension


Hi.

It's transfer week aka the end of my 11th transfer aka the beginning of my 12th transfer aka my last transfer. Yeah. Sort that one out.

We're staying the same! I will be finishing my mission in Milano 3 with Slla Lyman! I'm excited about it. Milano is the best city to work in. I've also been given a special assignment to help the sorelle in Milano 1, so I'm excited about that as well. It's going to be a crazy, busy, awesome transfer. Two of my favorite Anziani (Herrington and Sciarretta) are going to be traveling assistants this transfer, which means that they'll be in our ward on Sunday for church each week, even though during the week they will be out and about in the mission. This is the last transfer for all three of us! Yikes! Slla Nilson is going home in TWO DAYS! I can't even believe it. Craziness.

Last week was Senior Companion week for Slla Lyman! I don't think she was expecting to have to do so much (I hardly did anything to help) but I know she learned a ton and it's gonna help her more than she even realizes now, because I can almost guarantee that she will be training next transfer! 

So I think the ward likes me. I've really made an effort to try and get to know the members, and it's been really fun to visit them and talk with them. Everyone always asks me how much time I have left, but I suppose that could be that as soon as they hear me speak Italian, they know I speak too well to be a new missionary. I guess it wouldn't be better for them to ask how long I've been in my mission as opposed to how much I have left because As of last Thursday I've been a missionary for 17 full months. SEVENTEEN. Technically I'll do 18 months and three weeks, but geez loo-wheeze that's crazy. I don't know if I really feel trunky, but I do feel like I've still got some energy left in me and I'm excited to just blow the roof off of these last few precious weeks I have. We're going to start this next transfer off with a bang, because Jennifer is still on target to get baptized next week Friday. She's so ready! She already knows that everything we teach her is true. And then the week after that, week 2, Mishell should be getting baptized as well - Feb 24th. The Anziani also have a woman who is getting baptized on the 23rd, so I guess it's just baptism season in Milano Navigli Ward!!! We are so excited to be able to help all these people and I personally feel just so blessed to be able to teach people who are so open and accepting of the Restored Gospel!!!

Oh - before I forget, Slla Baker! Got your letter! The Assistants gave it to me last Wednesday night before ward council. We all felt very well informed about our peepz, so thank you.

I feel more busy now than I have in a really long time. This week especially because we are having a missionary themed sacrament meeting on Sunday and so I have to give a short talk and also we have to come up with a special musical number. Then on Friday we have planned to do a kind of missionary/friendship night where we'll have a spiritual thought and an activity (we're gonna watch "Legacy") and just give members the chance to come to the church on Friday night and have something casual that they can also invite their non member friends to attend. We hope it will become a weekly thing, so we're looking forward to that. And then to top things off,on Monday we got a call from the office and were asked to host one of the new missionaries for the night last night. The Italian missionaries all get here a day before the other missionaries because they come from Spain and not from Provo, so last night we went and picked up Slla Vardeu (who is from Roma 2nd ward and knows Slla Teichert because she is serving in that ward!) and were with her last night. Then this morning we went out and talked to people on the street for a little bit and then took her to the Milano 2 meetinghouse (it was weird to be back there!) and dropped her off again to be with all the other missionaries that just got in. That means that we had to reorganize our schedule at the last minute, and most of our pday we will have to do tomorrow. It's a good thing neither of us is getting transferred because I just couldn't handle that! Too much to do!

Anyway, it's been a crazy, busy week. The rest of the transfer looks like it'll be pretty busy, too, so that should be really fun. I'm so excited to have this chance to be "anxiously engaged in a good cause" - that cause being the work of the Lord! I just want my last transfer to be full of working and helping and teaching and growing and all kinds of crazy, wonderful experiences. It's gonna be great!

I love you all! Have a great week! Keep on reading your Book of Mormon - I finished Alma this morning!!

Un sacco d'amore,
SORELLA Soh

No comments:

Post a Comment