12 December 2012

Hola Amigos!!


Hellooooooo everyone!

Can you believe it's Wednesday again? And apparently it's BYU's finals week...YIKES! I looked at our transfer calendar yesterday and almost had a heart attack. I told Slla N "We only have TWO pdays before Christmas!!! Ahhh!!!". We have our Christmas zone conference next week, the next week is Christmas (AND it's transfer week!) and then it's new year's!!! Hokey smokes.

Shout out to Nurse Judy (an axe-murderer friend...yeah, try explaining what THAT means to your companion!). I got your Christmas card in the mail yesterday and I'm rather jealous of your Disney Cruise! Usually when I tell people here that I worked at Disney World they stare at me with wonder and amazement and say something like "wow! That's so cool!".

I have an announcement: Our branch is putting on a live nativity (but with no real animals...not even any Primary kids). One of the sisters in the branch here has been working really hard to put it all together. Her husband isn't a member, but he's been helping build a little manger and set stuff up in the chapel for it. Unfortunately we don't really have anyone that can participate because we just don't have that many people in our branch...which means...yep...that Slla N and I have been cast as leads in our live nativity. Slla Nilson will be starring in the role of Mary!!! And. Well. Yeah. So. Um. I also have a leading role. And...I will be taking on the role of...Joseph. Yes. I am Joseph. Slla Nilson is Mary and I am Joseph. Yeah. We had a practice rehearsal last Friday and I felt really bad because we could NOT stop laughing, and when I say "we", I mean everyone who was there...except this great sister who is wanting to put it all together. I don't know how we're going to pull it off. I told everyone that to prepare for the role of Joseph, I just wouldn't shave. Unfortunately I've inherited my father's (and my mother's) inability to grow a beard...so we're looking for a plan B. But really, I've been thinking a lot about how I'm going to not look like a woman. The only thing I have been able to think of is to wrap up my torso Mulan-style and put on a fake beard - it's the shape of my body and the shape of my face that really make me NOT look like a man. Sigh. We're having a semi dress rehearsal tomorrow night, so we'll see how it goes. The real "show" is going to be this Saturday evening. I want people to come and support this sister in our branch, but at the same time I kinda don't want anyone to come because then people might actually see me dressed up as Joseph...

I had my scambio with Slla Beus last week! I went back to be with her in Firenze on Thursday. Slla Beus also has the same first name and me and Slla N, so that's kinda weird. She is from Farmington! She's also a twin! And no, her twin is NOT a tooth and a spinal cord that was removed from a lump on her neck. Anyway, we had a really good scambio. She is in her 3rd transfer and was trained by the incredible Slla Padula. She told me that she's heard all about me from Slla Padula (we were in the same district my first transfer in Milano) and was really nervous about our scambio because she was a little, I dunno, I guess intimidated or something because Slla P just raved about me and how if she could be like any other sister in the mission it would be me. Yikes. No pressure, right? I told Slla B right off the bat "look, don't be surprised if I'm not as good as you think I am!". But our scambio went really well and we talked a lot and learned a lot. I swear these new missionaries just keep getting better and better! Hastening the work!

Well, we still don't have any progressing investigators, despite our best efforts. We hardly have any investigators at all, for that matter. We've been tracting door to door so much. We've met some really cool people, but just haven't been able to move past the "I'm kind of interested, but really busy" stage, which is a bummer. We're trying to be patient and diligent and keep working and knocking on doors and talking to people. The hardest thing, I think, is trying to keep your spirits up when NOTHING goes your way - your plans fall through, the bus never comes, and door after door is a no, sometimes a BIG "no way josé!" kind of no (but meaner). So, the work is...well...we're working, so I guess the Lord's purposes are being fulfilled. There's still a lot Slla N and I have to work on, but it's line upon line, I guess.

Slla N's dad is her Stake President, and he told her that he just released one of the Anziani that was serving in our mission. I guess this Anziano told her dad that "Slla Soh and Slla Nilson are the face of sister missionary work in the Milano mission" and that "everyone was surprised when they got put together" hahaha. Just a fun fact! By the way, mom, have you ever talked to Slla N's parents? I think you and her mom would get along and I think her dad and my dad would be best friends.

Anyway, I would email you all some pictures, but I don't have any. You shouldn't be surprised. BUT! I love you all very much! Keep reading your scriptures! I started the BoM again last week in Italian and now I'm in 2 Nephi 20 or so. So! Read up, Buttercup!!!

Un sacco d'amore,
Sorella Soh

a few things I forgot - 1. Happy Belated Birthday to my beloved Slla Walton. Mammina! I love you! I thought about you on your special day, even if I kept forgetting to email home about it

2. Happy Birthday to my Dad on Tuesday! Yeah! I love you Papa Bear!!!!

3. MY half birthday is on Saturday!!! And yes, YOU SHOULD feel old when you find out that I will be 23 1/2.

4. I bought boots last week from the Chinese store. 22 euro. Not coming home with me.

5. I also bought myself a Christmas present...it's a Swatch. It's so cool and I love it. And yes, I really, really DID need it. I NEEDED it. Really. (At least Sarah H. will be proud of me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment