21 November 2012

Giorno di Ringraziamento


Hello dear ones! (as my grandfather would say)

My email is coming a little later than usual today because this morning we went with the Capeces to San Gimignano. Bellissima. I'm really grateful for the Capeces - they cart us around in their car to appointments and are always making sure we're all right. I really don't know what we would do without them. They are awesome!

Mom, thanks for the package you sent! I about died when I saw that massive bag of Lucky Charms. I LOVE LUCKY CHARMS. They're even more delicious than I remember them. Maybe one of these days I'll open up my selfish heart and let Slla Nilson have some :)

Shout out to Auntie Kim who sent me a snail mail letter this week! Thank you! And if you find that you've seen everything there is in Istanbul and Constantinople, maybe you could swing by Byzantium...you know...if you have time :)

I am so grateful to be in Siena. It is BY FAR the most beautiful city in our mission. Sometimes I'll catch a view of the Tuscan hills as we are out and I just can't even believe that I'm here and that these things are real. I'm grateful for our amazing Branch and their testimonies. We love them and they love us and we couldn't be happier! We are having our Hawaiian party on Friday and almost everyone said they are going to come! We are super excited for it.

Thanks to those of you who wrote me letters of encouragement this week. I can't even begin to tell you all what it means to me. I am grateful for all the letters/emails I've gotten because it really has shown me who really means it when they say that they love me and miss me.

I am thankful for Slla Nilson! We are like sisters! I mean, we have the same first name. We talk about everything, we drive each other nuts and we love each other a lot. I am thankful for ALL of my companions, especially my mom/trainer Slla Walton, who I don't think knows how much she has influenced me as a missionary - for the better! We are going to be friends FOREVER! I'm even thankful for the sisters who I only scambio'd with or was never companions with at all. We really do have the best sisters in the world.

I'm grateful for my health and that my poor body hasn't sent my spirit an eviction notice...heart, might, mind and strength! I'm grateful for my ancestors and my good genes! I'd also like to thank my excellent Soh ancestors, because Soh is an excellent last name and Italians never have a problem pronouncing or remembering it!

I love President and Sister Wolfgramm. They are the best. I am so grateful for all that they do and all of the sacrifices that THEY make for us. 

I am grateful for my family. I have the best family in the world. My parents are incredible. I love them. My dad is my hero, my role model. I want to be just like him. He is wise, powerful and so fun. My mom means everything to me. She is so smart and strong and has such a strong desire to just do what's right. I am grateful for my brother who has always loved me and never, EVER criticized anything I've ever done, not even as a joke. He's always respected and encouraged me in anything I've ever wanted to do. I am grateful for my sister. Without her I would not be where I am today. I love her more than anyone else in the world. I am grateful for Sarah Hafen! She is my best friend, and I don't know what I'd do without her.

I am grateful for the miracles that I've seen and the things I've learned on my mission. It's the hardest thing I've ever done, but I've learned more here than I could have ever learned anywhere else at this time in my life. I am SO grateful that I still have 4 months left! I'm grateful to have a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, to know that there IS a God and He is my Father. I am grateful that He has allowed me to be one of His representatives here in Italy. Called to serve.

I love you all! Have a very happy Thanksgiving! Eat some pumpkin pie for me!

Love, 
Sorella Soh

p.s. Sorella Baker! DAI! L'indirizzo tuo! Mandamelo!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment