17 October 2012

Toos day

(Note from Nicole - Katie sent this yesterday but I was so bamboozled by being out of schedule that I didn't get it posted.  But it was sent on Tuesday - or Toos Day if you prefer.)


Ciao Famiglia!!!!

So last week I told Slla Nilson "don't forget to tell your family that we're doing pday on Tuesday next week instead of Wednesday!" and then of course I forgot to write it in my own email...d'oh.

Yeah, we're doing pday today because tomorrow we are moving to Siena! We're catching a ride from the senior couple that works in the office who is driving down from Milano to bring furniture to the Capeces in Siena...we're still not sure if we'll all fit! Anyway, they are going to be here in Firenze around 2pm. Tomorrow we have an appointment in the morning and then we'll come straight home and wait to get off to Siena! The branch probably knows by now that we're coming, but I don't think that makes it any less exciting.

I haven't been feeling very much like a missionary lately, mostly because I still can't get over the fact that we're in Firenze and now going to Siena. Also, we did TWO scambios (exchanges) this past week, so we were out three full days. We left after pday was over on Wednesday to go to Rimini. Slla Bunker is there right now! She and Slla Nilson were together (and set a baptismal date with someone!) and I was with Slla Bunker's half-trainee, Slla Pearce (from Provo). It's only her second transfer! She is a good missionary, though, and we learned a lot from each other. It was probably one of the best scambios I've ever done. It was fun to be with Slla Bunker again, too. I forgot how much I like her! She has really grown a lot as a missionary, and it was so cool to be with her again after, what, four or five transfers and hear her speak Italian. It's gotten so good! 

On Thursday night we went straight from Rimini to Reggio Emilia where we did a scambio with Slla Sloan and Slla Lofley. Slla Lofley was trained by Slla Bunker, so in mission lingo, Slla L is my granddaughter! Reggio Emilia is where they had all those earthquakes a few months ago. I was with Slla Sloan. Fun fact - Slla Sloan and I were in the same Italian 102 and 202 classes at BYU! So that was cool to be able to scambio with her.

I can't believe we're headed to Siena TOMORROW. The branch here in Firenze is pretty bummed that we're leaving, and we're sad to go. If we weren't going to Siena, I don't think we would've ever consented to leave Firenze. It's only a branch here and there aren't a ton of members, but the ones they've got are stellar. Slla Nilson and I felt nothing but love as we were in RS the first hour. It was Fast Sunday, so in Sacrament Meeting the last hour, I couldn't help but get up and bear my testimony to the branch about how much the Lord loves them and how amazing the Spirit is in their meetings. It was funny because when I stood up and went to wait on the pulpit to bear my testimony, I didn't see that Slla Nilson had gotten up at the exact same time to stand up and walk the other direction to the pulpit! We just couldn't stay in our seats! It was really great and we will really miss this branch. A member even invited us to eat dinner with them on Sunday night! And one of the members came up to us after church was over and told us to write home and tell our families that they (the members) were grateful for our testimonies and that they love us and are sad we can't stay...or something like that. Basically they want you to know that they love us! Haha.

My computer, again, does not have any way for me to upload pictures (why did I lose my USB cable in Savona????), but I did take some pictures last pday, mom! Slla Nilson got some cute ones of me on/by the Ponte Vecchio. OH! Which reminds me! We saw Flavia on Saturday! She finally is done with her cancer treatments in Milano and so is moving back down to her home in Avellino (by Naples). They drove their car down and stopped in Firenze because Flavia and her sister had never been before. We met up with them on the Ponte Vecchio and it was fun to be able to see her again because I don't know if/when I'll ever have that opportunity again. She bought me and Slla Nilson matching bracelets to remember her by, haha.

Poor Slla Nilson and I have just been dead tired since we got here. Those two miles to the church really add up! I feel it is worth noting, however, that my jeans are starting to fit better and better. I wore them for about an hour yesterday as we were cleaning and packing a bit, and other than the strange sensation of having both of my legs encased in denim, they fit pretty okay. They didn't necessarily look good on me, but lucky for me that doesn't even matter. My poor body...it's been sacrificed to the Lord!

Well, outta time again. It's strange how the time just zooms along. I mean, October is already halfway over. Before we know it the year will be over, too. Yikes. I love you all very much and hope all is well. Hug the kitties for me. And eat some Krispy Kreme for me. Slla N and I were talking about Krispy Kreme the other day and it made me want some really bad. Keep up the good work with reading the scriptures and FHE and praying and all of that. The blessings will just keep flowing!!!

TANTISSIMO AMORE,
da Sorella SOH



No comments:

Post a Comment