13 September 2012

Meerah Kulls


Ciao. 

Guess what? I'm attaching pictures. Get excited.
1) me and Slla Heupel with Pres and Sis Wolfgramm

2) All the sorelle at the sister conference!!! My favorite part is that (almost) everyone is holding a fan (Slla Wolfgramm gave them to us!) except for Slla Silva. She is holding the Book of Mormon. Hahahahaha I love her so much!!!!!!
[Note from Nicole - this pic didn't come through.  I'll ask her to send it again.]

3) Me and Slla Arume!!! It's a geeky picture, but I like it and it blurs the height disparity between us...

4) Me and Slla H and Flavia!!!!

5) Me and Slla Baker before she went home!

6) Slla Forbes, me and Slla Nilson eating some delicious gelato from Lato-G

7) Slla Mancuso, Slla Heupel and Slla Lloyd and their delicious gelato from Lato-G

Well it's already the 12th of September!!! Yikes! Don't know how it got here so fast! It's also the first day of school for the kids in Italy, so happy first day of school! 

They've been doing some cleaning or something in the Milano 1 meeting house for the past few weeks, so it's been closed and some of the members there have been coming to our ward instead. Last Sunday I met an American woman who is in the Milano 1 ward. She didn't tell me her name, but she said that she knows me! All she said was that she was a college roommate of Morag! So, Morag, I've met your friend!

I'm just gonna cut and paste what I wrote to President today:
"Remember the miracle story about the woman I saw on the metro and wanted to talk to but couldn't but then I chased her down after we got off the train? Her name is Hilda. Well, the miracle continues. First of all, when I called to confirm our second appointment with her, she told me she didn't want the Book of Mormon we had given her, but said we could still meet with her. Other people she knows had given her some incorrect information about the church, so she didn't want to continue. After explaining the Restoration and our purpose, though, she was back on board. But then our third appointment she couldn't make because she had to work. The day after, we got a squillo [when someone calls, lets the phone ring once and then hangs up so that you can call them back and then they don't have to pay for the call] from her. I called back and she answered and immediately said "aspetta, ti passo" ["hold on, I'm passing the phone"] and I heard a male voice on the other line telling me that his wife is this Hilda's cousin. And then he said "my wife and I were eating lunch with Hilda, and she pulled this Book of Mormon out of her bag..." I immediately thought "oh no, he's gonna chew us out for talking to his relative and how Mormons are crazy and all that" as often happens. Well, you can imagine my surprise when he said "I've never heard of this book, do you have one in Italian? I'm interested in reading it." I didn't know what to say! So I said "um, yeah we have it in Italian! When can we meet??" On Sunday night we met with him and his wife in the church, taught the Restoration, invited them to baptism, and then said a kneeling prayer at the end. It was awesome!!! Miracles miracles miracles!!!!"

Super cool, right??? First of all, Hilda is a miracle, and then people she knows start calling US to meet with US and read the BoM. Sooooooo awesome!!!!!!!

Oh, we had a zone meeting yesterday and we were told that we need to be more careful about our emails home getting posted on blogs that the whole world can read. Apparently President has gotten several phone calls in the last few weeks from members here, parents at home and the Area Presidency because some missionaries have been writing some not really good things home about other people, including their companions. So mom, if there's ever anything in my emails that probably I shouldn't have included, please cut it out of my email before posting in on my blog. I apologize if that has ever been the case :(

With that said, let's just talk about my companion...she's so great! She has never taken any Italian before and is still trying to understand most of what people say, but if I've said it once, I've said it a million times - the gift of tongues IS SO REAL!!! Pretty much yeah. It's awesome.

Today the sisters from Varese are coming down to Milano, so we're going to do our pday with FOUR companionships of sisters - that's EIGHT sorelle! We are going to eat lunch at Fratelli la Bufala, which is a pizza place that they have also in the States, I think (don't worry, it's Italian!) and then we're going to go to the Duomo and Baptistry because we didn't go two weeks ago because we ended up window shopping instead... Oh, and Giovanna's baptism has been rescheduled for the 22nd because of Stake Conference this weekend. We are super excited for her, she's incredible and has the biggest testimony ever and is so awesome and I love her. This week she even went out and bought us a mosquito killer/repellant thing that you plug into the wall and it kills all the mosquitos in the room. She is so great. I love her so much! 

Dad, I'm glad to hear that you have more jalapenos growing, but how are the tomatoes doing? Haven't heard about them in a while. I'm also glad Squeaky had fun at the Beehive sleepover, even though I have no idea who anyone in the ward is, but that's probably because they don't have any idea who I am. Slla Heupel got a cool envelope full of letters from the YW in her home ward yesterday, so that was cool. They didn't send her any peanut butter or goldfish or M&Ms or pens or socks, though, so my mom wins! Because she is the best. Sorry.

Well, time's up! I love you all tantissimo! Be glad that there are pictures this time! :)

AMOOOORE,
Sorella SOH

No comments:

Post a Comment