22 August 2012

Great Expectations


Hi.

I'm expecting. Oh, what? That's right. I'm training. AGAIN.

I'M TRAINING
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe it! Well, I can...I kinda have to, but I'm going to be a trainer again! At least this time I feel a little bit more confident about what the heck I'm doing as a missionary. We're going to the Duomo again later on today to greet the new missionaries - 5 sisters and 3 elders - but they won't know that I'll be training one of them! I'm only a little bit nervous, but mostly excited (so I sang a song called "Nervous, but Excited"...get it? Okay...SNL skit with Zac Efron. Google it.)

So yeah! Sorella Silva is getting transferred to Collegno, which is right by Torino, and she's pretty excited about it. In any case I'll see her again next Tuesday at the Sister Conference we're having here in Milano on the 28th. Oh which reminds me, mom, your package got here, so I'll get it within the next few days. Customs was 16 euro.

Our new Assistant to the President is Anz Herrington who was my district leader in Torino! I'm excited about that because he is probably the best Anziano that I've met in the mission.

I'm so glad that you got the video from Nuccia! She told me that she had recorded me singing and had tried to look for you on FB, mom, but got confused because dad is in your profile pic and thought she had the wrong person. Anyway, we went to visit her on Saturday and before we left I remembered she had the video. I was actually standing right next to her when she sent it to you. She wanted me to correct the English in her note to you, but I thought the grammatical structure was endearing because she really doesn't speak English but really wanted to talk to you and let you see the video. The uke is cute, huh? I wasn't kidding when I told you it was pink! I'm glad to hear that I have lots of new adoring fans although I'm sorry it's been making people cry!!! :p One of the funniest things about the video is the guy who is holding the sheet of paper with the lyrics to the song on it. I didn't really need the words because it's not like anyone would be able to tell a difference, but I didn't want to mess up, and right at the part when I was trying to look at the words, I look over and the guy was reading the lyrics and started turning the paper towards him! I was thinking "um, hey! I kinda need to see that paper!" Haha. At the end of the talent night he came up to me and was just starstruck and told me how much he loved the song and how it made him want to cry. He really couldn't even express what he wanted to say. Haha. I wrote down the name of the song for him and he said he would look it up on youtube because he really really liked it. Then I saw him a week or two ago and he was like "where's your ukulele???" and told me he found the song on youtube and listened to it. Sorella Silva really likes it, too. Any time I have my ukulele with me (the members have started to request it), she always says "play that Hawaiian song". It's a fan favorite. 

Yesterday a new convert and her 16 yr old daughter took us out to lunch at a place called Yummy Wok. No, really. Even in Italian it's called Yummy Wok. The daughter, who speaks some English, asked me "what does 'yummy' mean?" haha. Anyway, it was really good and I even ate some sushi (Sor Silva doesn't like sushi because she had a bad experience with wasabe a few transfers ago when she was here with Sor Williams...fyi, wasabe is NOT a salad and it's NOT a good idea to eat a whole spoonful of it plain...). It was a buffet, but get this - they fine you if you waste food! Seriously! There was a note on the little menu plaque on the table that said if you leave a ton of food on your plate they'll fine you! Between 5 and 20 euros! Can you imagine what people would do in America if they got fined for wasting food at a buffet?? Just another way that Italy is different from America, if you didn't have enough examples already.

Our investigator, Giovanna, has commited to baptism on the 15th of September! There's still a little bit of uncertainty about it, but this time I really think she's commited and will actually go through with it. Initially we had her scheduled for the first of Sept. She's progressing so well, but she really needs a solid testimony of the Book of Mormon, so if you're looking for things to pray for, pray that Giovanna will read the Book of Mormon and gain a spiritual witness that it is true!

Well, it's kind of a wimpy email this week, but time is up. I love you all very much! Pray for Sorella Silva and for my new trainee who I haven't met yet! The work just keeps rolling along! 

LOVE YOU ALL BUCKETS!!!!
Sorella Soh

No comments:

Post a Comment