07 September 2011

Snail Mail - 9.1.11

Got the first letter from Katie today! I will be sharing her letters and emails and photos as they come.

If you want to write her at the MTC (until November 1st) I'm sure she'd love that:

Sister Katie Soh
MTC Mailbox # 335
ITA-MIL 1102
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

I'll post her Italy address when it's time to switch to that one.

Okay, here's the letter, short and sweet: (P-day means "preparation day" it's kinda the missionaries' "day off" of doing missionary stuff to take care of personal things. Sorella is Italian for Sister - LDS missionaries are referred to as Sister Lastname or Elder Lastname instead of by their first names.)

Ciao famiglia!

The MTC president told us/gave us permission to drop a line home today (instead of having to wait until P-day) to "tell your mom that you're alive and breathing and all those things." So. I'm alive and breathing and all those things.

Things are great so far. Except maybe the food, which is just okay. (No cod nuggets yet, though!) My companion's name is Sorella Sobeck (yeah, like Soh-beck!) and she is from CA. She is going to the Roma Mission. We are roommates with two other sisters (companions) Sorella Ivory and Sorella Teichert. I would tell you about them but then what would I write in my email next week?? It's just the four of us and one set of Elders (Anziani) in our district - Anziano Jones and ... Anziano Moh. MOH! Crazy, right? He said it's Chinese. I'll ask him more about it at lunch or something.

I'm still excited about being a missionary. I feel really good about being here. I'm not nervous or scared or anything. I feel really good.

Well, I've got to wrap this up. My p-day is Wednesday, so I'll email you then! I love you! Thanks for supporting me in this. Good things are on their way :)

Love, Sorella Soh



No comments:

Post a Comment