26 December 2010

Was I really in Italy a month ago?

I guess I don't really have to keep blogging on here since this is technically my Italy blog, but something tells me that there may be some sort of public outcry if I shut it down. Better safe than sorry, right?

My time at home is winding to a close, and the past month has been just as hectic as the months preceeding it. I had a week to readjust to being home and in America before I was off to Wisconsin to help out my aunt for a few days. It was not exactly thrilling to live out of a suitcase again, but it was really fun to see (and be intimidated by the genius of) all my cousins, including 6-month-old Alice whom I had not yet met. Then I was back home for a few days, just enough to get in a load of laundry, before we made the long drive down to Florida for our friend's wedding. And as they say, "when in Florida... go to Disney!" We of course had to make a stop at Disney since we were going to be down there anyway, so we spent four days in the parks with about 30972034209384 other people. I didn't get to see any of my Disney friends who still work there, except one of my former managers who is also friends with my mom, but it was a short trip so I'll just have to go back and see them another time. Oh darn. Another long drive and we were home, just before Christmas, which we spent in our new house. The heavens rewarded us by dumping a few inches of snow on our town on Christmas morning! So after opening presents I got all geared up and went outside and made a snowman! I don't think I've ever had a white Christmas before. My headlining present this year was actually 5 mini presents - 5 new 2GB iPod shuffles to replace the 80GB one I accidentally (and tragically) left on the plane on my flight from Rome to Paris (I'm still heartbroken about it). Today it snowed a little bit more, and between the melty snow ice from yesterday and the snow today, church was cancelled. It's kind of a bummer, too, because I had been asked to join in with the other college students from the ward who are home to share my testimony with the ward and besides getting to share my testimony, which is always worthwhile, I wanted to meet the other college students in my ward, especially the other BYU kids! Oh well. I'll meet them...well, eventually. And now I have one more full day at home before I go back to Provo on Tuesday. Ohhhh my life.

What a year this has been. I rang in 2010 at home in North Carolina, then went back to Provo. I visited NC for a weekend in the spring, then back to Provo. Then to Hawaii, back to Provo, then back to NC. From there I went to Rome via Raleigh, Atlanta and Newark, then from Rome to Siena. From Siena I visited many a city in Italy: San Gimignano, Volterra, Sirmione, Venice, Verona, Assisi, Gubbio, Spello, Pienza, Pisa and multiple trips to Florence. Then back to Rome, a stop in Paris before landing in Atlanta and driving to my new home in Alabama. And from AL to WI, then back to AL and then to FL and now back to AL and soon to return to Provo. My goodness, props to you if you even bothered to follow any of that.

This hasn't been a very insightful post, not that my posts typically are, but at least you're now caught up on the happenings in my life. Well, sort of. There is so much more to tell. Guess I'll just have to keep blogging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment